Access to UMUC Library Resources
Who can log in to UMUC Library Resources?
- STUDENTS who are currently taking a class.
Access is activated one week before the class begins.
- FACULTY who are currently teaching a class.
Access is activated four weeks before the class begins.
- STAFF who are currently employed.
Access is activated when employment begins.
Not currently taking a class, teaching or working?
Due to licensing restrictions, we limit remote database access to current UMUC students, faculty, and staff. However, these other options may be available:
- Visit the UMUC computer labs at Largo and Dorsey Station
You can visit the computer labs at the Academic Center at Largo and Dorsey Station and access UMUC's library databases on-site. Note that you will need to have an active MyUMUC login to access the computers. Please contact Help@UMUC if you need assistance with your MyUMUC login.
- Visit other University of Maryland and Affiliated Institution (USMAI) libraries
You are welcome to visit any USMAI library, including McKeldin Library at the University of Maryland, College Park, or the Priddy Library at Shady Grove, to use the electronic databases to which they subscribe. In some locations, you may need to request a guest login.
- Log in to your public library (or visit other local libraries)
Your public library card may give you remote login access to an array of research databases. You may also be able to visit local academic libraries and use their online resources on-site.
- Use free search services
Sometimes services, such as the following, will link to free versions of articles.