Library Barcodes and ID Cards
What are library barcodes used for?
Library barcodes are needed to request books from the Library Catalog. They are also needed for certain faculty resources, such as Turnitin.
- Need your library barcode?
- Need to get an ID card (Stateside)?
- Need to replace a lost or stolen ID (Stateside)?
How do I look up my library barcode number in MyUMUC?
- Log into MyUMUC
- Click on MyInfo.
- Click on ID Card/Library Barcode.
(Note that your barcode is also printed on your UMUC ID badge.)
How do I get an ID card (Stateside)?
You will need a UMUC ID card to borrow library materials, plus access computer labs and campus transportation.
- Please print out your UMUC student ID card from the MyUMUC Portal: Log into MyUMUC, then go to MyInfo > ID Card/Library Barcode.
- Availability and validity: ID cards will be available for you to print one week prior to the start of your classes and are valid for one semester only.
- To borrow library materials: If you visit a USMAI library (University System of Maryland and Affiliated Institutions) in person, you must present your printed UMUC student ID card along with a driver's license or other photo ID.
- Adjuncts and 9-month collegiate faculty: Your ID card will be mailed to you before or during the first week of class. If you have questions, please contact the Office of Faculty Services.
- Staff and full-time faculty: Your photo badge will be issued when you begin employment. If you have questions, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 240-684-5559.
How do I get a replacement ID card if mine gets lost or stolen (Stateside)?
In MyUMUC, go under MyInfo, click on ID Card/Library Barcode, and follow the directions for lost/stolen ID cards.