Share the advantages of your UMUC experience
Each year, University of Maryland University College receives thousands of gifts donated by generous alumni and friends. UMUC's Blue and Gold Society is a distinguished group of donors who, through their generous support, have committed to the university's academic and professional success of its students. Members of the Blue and Gold Society recognize that their philanthropic support has an immediate impact on the university, allowing it to reach a greater number of students and enhancing the value and quality of a UMUC education.
"My coursework at UMUC allowed me to build my own nonprofit," said Jaemellah Kemp '14, UMUC grant recipient and founder of IT TAKES TWO, INC., a nonprofit organization that awards scholarships to students living in single-parent homes. "I am glad I was able to take the skills I learned in the classroom and use them toward a passion and purpose to help the community."
Make your gift count in many different ways
Private philanthropy is a powerful resource that fuels student success. As UMUC alumni, you have the opportunity to invest in a student's future. You can choose to direct your gift to one of the many funds that help specific groups of students or support particular UMUC programs and initiatives such as
- Area of Greatest Need
- Arts Program Support Fund
- Cybersecurity Scholarship Fund
- The Graduate School Endowment Fund
- Military Veteran Scholarship Fund
- Overseas Marylanders Scholarship Program
- Pillars of Strength Scholarship Fund
- Undergraduate Programs Endowed Scholarship Fund
- Working Family Scholarship Fund
Enjoy the many rewards of membership
In addition to the deep personal satisfaction that comes from helping current and future UMUC students with your gifts, Blue and Gold Society members also receive the following exclusive benefits:
- Invitations to special events, including lectures, speaker series, and art openings
- Inclusion in the Honor Roll of recognition in annual publications and on the UMUC Impact webpage
- Subscription to Achiever, the official magazine of UMUC
- A tax deduction for your donation each year
Throughout the year, you'll also receive other distinctive members-only benefits, based on the level of your Society membership.
Learn more about the impact of giving
To learn more about how you can make an impact on future generations of UMUC students by giving back to your alma mater, contact UMUC Associate Vice President for Development Ragan D. Royal at 301-985-7110 or email@example.com.
Join the Blue and Gold Society today
Choose your level of participation
Blue and Gold Society membership levels recognize the annual investment of UMUC's generous benefactors.