Are you a local graduate? The commencement fairs will help you prepare for your big day, all in one stop. In one visit, you can
- Get fitted for your cap and gown and place your order
- Order your class ring, announcements, and a diploma frame
- Meet with UMUC's Career Services staff
- Talk with representatives from your UMUC Alumni Association
- Chat with a graduate academic advisor
- Confirm your graduation status if necessary
- Participate in the commencement fair raffle*
(*Eligibility rules apply)
Staff from Commencement Services will also be on hand to discuss all of your commencement needs and answer any related questions.
Location, Dates, and Times
We will hold two commencement fairs: one in March and the second during commencement week in May. Both fairs will be held at the Academic Center at Largo Auditorium, 1616 McCormick Drive, Largo, Maryland. Get directions.
Here are the dates and times:
- Friday, March 23, Noon–7 p.m.
- Saturday, March 24, 10 a.m.–4 p.m. (Family Day)
and in May
- Wednesday, May 9, Noon–6 p.m.
- Thursday, May 10, Noon–6 p.m.
- Friday, May 11, 10 a.m.–6 p.m.
No appointments required—just walk in. If you cannot attend in person, you can access these same services online; the commencement registration process will tell you how.
What to Know Before You Go
There is plenty of free parking in the lot behind the Academic Center at Largo. Follow the signs around back and park near the student entrance.
Our commencement photographer will be on hand to capture your formal portrait wearing a sample cap and gown. The photographer will contact you afterward with proofs so that you may purchase photo packages if you'd like.
And don't worry if you can't make it to the fair: Our photographer will take several nice shots of you during your actual ceremony, such as the moment you shake hands onstage with President Miyares. These photos will also be available for purchase after your ceremony.
Saturday, March 24, is Family Day. Bring the kids! We will have light refreshments and fun activities for the little ones while you browse and enjoy the fair.